Restaurierungsatelier "Die Schmiede"
Founded in 1994 in Castrop-Rauxel in a 400-year-old German forge, our company, which is now situated in the Landschaftspark Duisburg Nord, deals with the restoration and conservation of museum artefacts from the fields of technology, modern art and the preservation of heritage sites.
Our customers are primarily museums, municipalities,
private art collections and the monument preservation authorities, private art collections and the office for the preservation of historical monuments.
Our team consists of academic restorers, vocationally trained restoration assistants, helpers in monument conservation, volunteers preparing for their restoration and conservation studies and trainees.
- Conservation / restoration of industrial heritage
- Conservation / restoration of modern art
- Conservation / restoration of historical monuments
- Conservation / restoration of craftwork
- 3D reconstruction, scanning services
- Object handling, exhibition setup and dismantling
- Depot organisation
- Organisation of loan traffic
- Pollutant management of cultural artefacts
This is how you can contact us.